Paul A. Burton, Vocational Pastor
I was born and raised in Edinburgh and I am so grateful that the Lord Jesus has called me to minister here. I graduated from Edinburgh High School in 1998 and served in the U.S. Army Reserve for eight years until 2005. I met and married my wife Tracy in 2002 and we moved to Corydon, Indiana while I attended college. Tracy and I moved to Greenwood in 2004, where I practiced at Singleton Community Mortuary for nearly a decade. I have been the pastor of Christ Fellowship Church since 2010. However, we have only served in a full- time capacity since the summer of 2015 when we moved back to Edinburgh. We have two daughters, Reagan and Ellie who attend East Side Elementary School.
I am what I am by the grace of the Lord Jesus. My greatest desire in life is to see God glorified in my personal walk with him, in my home, in our church, and in our community at large. I dream of a robust church where Christ is exalted and His people are edified and built up in the most holy faith. I love the sheep God has placed in my care and I pray for the repentance and conversion of the lost in our town. When I think of the ministry God has given to me, I am constantly thoughtful of the Apostle Paul's words, "Who is sufficient for these things?"
Please reach out to me if I can serve you in any way.
My education and preparation for the ministry includes:
A.A.S. Mid-America College of Mortuary Science, Jeffersonville, Indiana
B.A. Ottawa University, Jeffersonville, Indiana
M.A. Covenant Baptist Theological Seminary, Owensboro, Kentucky
M.Div. Currently pursuing at Covenant Baptist Theological Seminary
PASTOR Paul's Reading LIST
- The Baptists, volumes 1, 2, & 3 by Thomas Netttles. Published by Christian Focus Publications.
- The Magician's Nephew (with my children) by C.S. Lewis.
- Killing Lincoln by Bill O'Reilly. Published by Henry Holt & Co.
- Life Together by D. Bonhoeffer. Published by Harper and Row.
- The Person of Christ by Donald Macleod. Published by Inter Varsity Press.
- Redemption Accomplished & Applied by John Murray. Published by Eerdmans Publishing Co.
- The Holy Spirit by Sinclair Ferguson. Published by Inter Varsity Press.
- The World and the Word, Eugene Merrill, Editor. Published by B&H Publishers.
- Toward Rediscovering the Old Testament by Walter Kaiser. Published by Academie (Zondervan).
- Wrongly Dividing the Word of Truth by Dr. John Gerstner. Published by Wolgemuth & Hyatt.
- The Lord's Day: It's Presuppositions, Proofs, Precedents, & Practices by Dr. Sam Waldron. Chapel Library.
- The Emergence of Hyper-Calvinism in English Non-Conformity 1689-1765 by Peter Toon. Wipf & Stock.
- History of the English Calvinistic Baptists 1771-1892 by Robert Oliver. Published by Banner of Truth.
- Cornelius Van Til: Reformed Apologist and Churchman by John Muether. Published by P & R.
- Better Than The Beginning by Dr. Richard Bacellos. Published by RBAP.
- The Acts of the Risen Lord Jesus, Alan J. Thompson. Published by Inter Varsity Press.
- The Life of Arthur W. Pink, Iain Murray. Published by Banner of Truth.
- John MacArthur, Servant of the Word and Flock, Iain Murray, Published by Banner of Truth.
- Already Gone, Why Your Kids Will Quit Church, Ken Ham. Published by Master Books.
- Christ-Centered Biblical Theology, Graeme Goldsworthy. Published by Inter Varsity Press.
- A Christian's Pocket Guide to Jesus Christ, Mark Jones. Published by Christian Focus.
- Praying the Bible, Donald Whitney. Published by Crossway.
- Preaching with Passion, Alex Montoya. Published by Kregel.
- Jonathan Edwards: A Guided Tour of His Life and Thoughts, Stephen Nichols, Published by P&R.
- Filling Up the Afflictions of Christ, John Piper, Published by Crossway.
- The Grand Design: Male and Female He Made Them, Owen Strachan & Gavin Peacock, Published by Crossway.
- Dominion and Dynasty: A Theology of the Hebrew Bible, Stephen Dempster, Published by Inter Varsity Press.
- The History of Christian Doctrines, Louis Berkhof, Published by Solid Christian Books.
- 50 Critical Questions: An Overview of Concerns about Manhood and Womanhood, Piper & Grudem, Crossway.
- Do We Have a Policy? Paul's Ten Point Policy For Church Health & Growth by Peter Masters, Wakeman Trust.
- Church Membership by Peter Masters, Wakeman Trust, London.
- Reverberation by Jonathan Leeman. Published by Moody Publishers.
- Killing the Rising Sun by Bill O'Reilly. Published by Henry Holt
- Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life by Donald Whitney. Published by Navpress.
- Basic Christian: The Inside Story of John Stott by Roger Steer. Published by IVP.
- New Testament Textual Criticism by David Alan Black. Published by Baker House.
- Why Four Gospels? The Historical Origins of the Gospels by David Alan Black. Published by Baker House.
- The New Testament: It's Background and Message by T. Lea & D.A. Black. Published by Baker Academic.