About the Class
This class is offered to students in preschool through kindergarten. As a church family, we are presently learning our way through The Gospel Project curriculum published by Lifeway. This is a three-year, chronological look at the gospel message through every book of the Bible. The Gospel Project immerses the entire family in the gospel through every story, theological concept, can call to mission from Genesis to Revelation. Ultimately, the gospel message changes everything; heart transformation can only take place when the child experiences the gospel. Through The Gospel Project students will understand the Bible is not just a collection of stories, but one unified story-God's story of redemption.
What About My Child's Safety?
At Christ Fellowship, we value each persons' safety and strive to make our classroom environments as safe as possible. To help you understand some of our policies and procedures, we have listed them below and are followed during each service.
Healthy Child Policy
Healthy Child Policy
For the health and safety of our students, volunteers and families at Christ Fellowship, we ask that if your student(s) experiences one or more of the items below, please refrain from sending them to any Sunday School classe or service. If you student is being treated with any antibiotics, students must be treated at least 24 hours before participating.
- Fever within the past 24 hours (100.0 F or above)
- Flu-like symptoms
- Excessive runny nose or colored discharge from nose
- Vomiting related to stomach virus within the past 5 days
- Contagious rash
- Pink eye or discharge from eye
On your first visit, we ask for the following personal information: parent/legal guardian names, student(s)'s names and birth dates, address, phone number, and any special instructions (allergies, special needs) for each child. This information is entered into our database to help maintain our secure check-in and out system. Each time a student attends a service, the student will be checked-in by their classroom teacher and will remain in the classroom unless picked up by an authorized adult.
Student Goals & Benchmarks
- Each child will develop an age-appropriate understanding of the gospel.
- The children will learn that God's revelation to us is written in a book called the Bible.
- Each child will have his/her own copy of the Bible.
- They will learn to bring their Bible to church with them.
- The children will be accustomed to referencing a book when learning about God.
- Reading to them from their Bible.
- Following along with the words.
- The children will work towards becoming comfortable praying aloud with others.
- They will learn the elements of godly prayer-not just asking for things.
- The children will be taught the importance of regular church attendance.
- The children will learn that there is an attitude of reverence that accompanies Christian worship.
- The children will be introduced to the Biblical concept of living in the dear of the Lord, which simply means to live in awe and respect of our Creator - knowing that He is the highest authority to whom we will one day give an account for our lives.
- The children will learn the importance of forming Christian friendships.
We encourage you to help your child in their understanding of the Word. We have found resources that we feel would aid in your child's christian education.
The Jesus Storybook Bible: Every Story Whispers His Name
The Jesus Storybook Bible tells the Story beneath all the stories in the Bible. At the center of the Story is a baby, the child upon whom everything will depend. Every story whispers his name. From Noah to Moses to the great King David--every story points to him. He is like the missing piece in a puzzle--the piece that makes all the other pieces fit together. From the Old Testament through the New Testament, as the Story unfolds, children will pick up the clues and piece together the puzzle. A Bible like no other, The Jesus Storybook Bible invites children to join in the greatest of all adventures, to discover for themselves that Jesus is at the center of God's great story of salvation--and at the center of their story too.
My First Catechism
What is Catechizing? It is systematic instruction using simple questions and answers. Catechizing has proven to be an effective means for the spiritual nurturing of children. It would be ideal then, if children began learning the answers as they begin to talk. By doing so, they will add to their vocabulary the words that reflect biblical truth. 'So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God' (Rom 10:17). According to God's sovereign will, our hope and prayer is that as our children are taught the truths of Scripture they will be brought into the bonds of the covenant of grace through saving faith.